India should face the challenge - Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam :
In Indian history, very rarely has our nation come across a situation, all at a time, an ascending economic trajectory, continuously rising foreign exchange reserves, energy of 540 million youth, umbilical connectivities of 23 million people of Indian origin in various parts of the planet, with the potential sharing capacity of knowledge and interest shown by many developed countries to invest in our engineers and scientists inclusding setting up of new Research & Development Centers.
The distinction between public and the private sectors and the illusory primacy of one over the other is vanishing. Our technological competence and value systems with civilizational heritage are also highly respected. Foreign institutional Investors are finding investing in India attractive. Our industrialists are also investing abroad and opening new business ventures. The Indian economy is growing with an average annual GDP growth rate of over 8%. Presently, we have the challenge of high inflation and a slight dip in GDP growth rate.
We have to meet this challenge and work for realizing the target of 10% GDP growth within the next two years. Now, let me give my visualization of India during the year 2020. Distinctive profile of the nation :
* A Nation where the rural and urban divide has reduced to a thin line.
* A Nation where there is an equitable distribution and adequate access to energy and quality water.
* A Nation where agriculture, industry and service sector work together in symphony.
* A Nation where education with value system is not denied to anymeritorious candidates because of societal or economic discrimination.
* A Nation which is the best destination for the most talented scholars, scientists, and investors.
* A Nation where the best of health is available to all.
* A Nation where the governance is responsive, transparent and corruption free.
* A Nation where poverty has been totally eradicated, illiteracy removed and crimes against women and children are absent and non in the society feels alienated.
* A Nation that is prosperous, healthy, secure, devoid of terrorism, peaceful and happy and continues with a sustainable growth path.
* A Nation that is one of the best places to live in and is proud of its leadership.